For a variety of reasons, people have different food preferences and requirements these days. From vegan to gluten-free, and from kid-friendly to senior-friendly options, it’s important that today’s wedding menus are more inclusive than they were in the past.
Take Stock Of Your Guests
Who have you invited to be a part of your special day? How many of these individuals have dietary restrictions due to health? How many have food preferences they adhere to no matter what? What age groups do your guests represent?
These are important questions to keep in mind when coming up with a wedding menu. Consider your guests and what they would enjoy eating; then, provide options to meet different food needs.
Let’s Go Over Some Food Preferences And Requirements
Once you’ve taken stock of who your guests are and what their food preferences may be, you can start to work with your wedding catering services provider to come up with a menu everyone will love! Here are some things to consider:
- Gluten-free: Individuals with celiac disease cannot consume gluten proteins that are found in wheat and certain other grains, so having options without any of these grains is important. Gluten-free grains do exist; they include rice, millet, and quinoa, so ask your wedding catering services provider what delicious dishes they can make using these grains.
- Vegetarian: These individuals consume primarily plant-based foods, excluding meat and all meat products from their diet, but they may eat dairy and/or eggs.
- Vegan: Those who are vegan eat an exclusively plant-based diet, with no meat, meat-based broths, gelatin, eggs, or dairy found in the food they consume. Nowadays, so many delectable recipes can be made that are 100% plant-based! Your non-vegan guests probably won’t even notice the absence of meat, eggs, or dairy.
- Lactose Intolerance: According to the National Institute of Diabetes and Digestive and Kidney Diseases, approximately 68% of the worldwide human population has lactose malabsorption, which means their bodies reject milk and other dairy products. With this staggering statistic in mind, opt for some non-dairy dishes. If you’ve already included vegan options, you’re covered for lactose intolerance, too!
- Kids’ Choices: We all know that a child’s palate is very different from an adult’s! Be sure to include menu options that the kids at your wedding will love.
- Senior-Sensitive Options: Seniors may have specific requirements, too. Consider a few simpler options that are easy to chew and swallow for your elderly guests.
- Other Considerations: Of course, your wedding is YOUR day! So in addition to taking into account your guests’ food preferences and needs, be sure to include in your wedding menu the foods you enjoy!
Inclusive Wedding Catering
When you have a wide range of guests with different food preferences, you need event catering specialists who are experienced with inclusivity and have many menu options to choose from. At Bella Personal Chef, Catering & Event Design here in Miami, Florida, we have prepared incredible wedding spreads for clients with all kinds of requirements and needs. We will work closely with you to create the inclusive wedding menu of your dreams!
For full-service catering you can rely on and a menu everyone will gush over, contact Bella today!